Vacancies at Green Room
We currently have three vacancies as follows:
Salaried Private Training Position suitable for a dentist who ideally has recently completed DF1 and is serious about taking their Dentistry to the next level.
This is a 1 year full time employed position with the future opportunity of Associate status following a successful first year.
Extensive mentoring will be given one day per week in house with the principle dentist. The other four days will be spent seeing patients in your own surgery.
Green Room Dentistry is a modern, fully private dental practice located in Newquay, Cornwall.
Applicants should email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Dental Therapist/ Hygienist
Dental hygiene/ therapist required to join our team at Green Room Dentistry. We are a modern, fully private dental practice located in Newquay, Cornwall.
This position is available on each weekday with hours between 8.00 and 16.30.
Our Facilities include:
Technology available includes:
To apply, applicants should send a CV and covering letter.
The clinic manager will be responsible for the organisation of the practice team and the general day to day running duties within the practice. He/she will have the task of managing existing policies and procedures and be expected to implement effective new policies as issues arise. The clinic manager will liaise with the business development manager and practice owners and produce effective reports as required. He/she will be accountable for the quality of care offered to the patients and ensure the practice team are delivering this care in the way the practice systems and legal guidelines and policies dictate.
The clinic manager will be responsible for undertaking or delegating and overseeing the following tasks:
- Day to day running of the practice/ office administration
- Organising paperwork
- Organising provision of office equipment and reviewing telephone system
- Dealing with incoming mail
- Controlling stock of office supplies
- Organising service of existing equipment and maintenance agreements
- Arranging building maintenance as required
- Producing and maintaining staff manual
- Drafting/updating of practice policies, protocols and procedures
- Monitoring the result of all policies in place
- Ensure the implementation and review of all Clinical Governance issues
- Ensure all practice insurances are current
- Maintaining stock control and applying efficient stock control methods and stocktaking
- Possess sound knowledge of dental ethics and statutory requirements
- Organisation and maintenance of computer hardware/ software systems
- Oversee the purchasing of office equipment and stationery, controlling materials purchase and investigate best prices for this
- Researching and organising lease agreements for equipment
- Organising/ overseeing cashing up procedures and ensure money is banked on time
- Maintaining banking records
- Overseeing the control of patient accounts
- Responsibility for administering practice debt-control policy and producing a system to reduce this
- Administering staff payroll, payment of salaries and record keeping
- Responsible for the practice monthly invoices and payment of these
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Implementation of Health and Safety legislation
- Review and update new legislation as necessary
- Ensure cross infection guidelines are current and implemented
- Administer COSHH and monitor and review systems as necessary
- Carry out Risk Assessments and monitor and review as necessary
- Ensure fire regulations are adhered to and fire risk assessment is up to date
- Ensure first aid training is current complying with RIDDOR and maintaining a practice accident book
- Produce safe working procedures for staff
- Ensuring practice complies with waste disposal regulations
- Organise and implement health and safety training on a ongoing basis
- Maintain knowledge of Employment Legislation and be responsible for putting this into practice
- Produce and review job descriptions
- Advertise, interview and select new staff as required
- Draw up contracts of employment for staff and ensure they continually meet current legislation
- Design and implement a staff induction
- Designing, implementing and monitoring staff appraisal schemes
- Ensure staff CPD records are thoroughly kept
- Encourage and develop staff motivation and teamwork
- Monitor staff discipline and carry out disciplinary and grievance proceedings as necessary
- Monitor staff sickness, keep and review staff absence rates. Monitor staff holidays
- Organise and evaluate staff appraisals
- Organise and participate in regular staff meetings
- Ensure complaints procedure current and a sound system in place for implementation
- Ensure staff are offering a high standard of care an all respects at all times
- Ensure thorough operation of recall system and follow up call system
- Ensure all health and safety policies are complied with for patient safety at all times
- Ensure there is a system implemented for the checking of patient details, contact details and medical history etc.
- Regularly check and update patient welcome pack and other stationary
- Make certain that you are available to answer any patient query that another team member cannot help with within a specified time
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice
- Arrange and attend refresher and update training for medical emergencies and CPR etc
- Reception/ front of house duties as required
If you would like to register your interest for a future position please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating you would like to be considered for future positions. This information will be held confidentially and you will be contacted when a position becomes available inviting you to apply.